Many people think only a person who has lot of bible knowledge or a person who has completed his bible college can really give answers for the problems faced by a common man. I also used to think this way until I read proverbs carefully.
The book of proverbs is a great book and it gives us lot of practical answers for the problems that we face daily. Here are some of the practical answers for some questions,
- Should I agree with someone if we know it is a sin? – No, Do not consent (agree) with the sinners (proverbs 1:10)
- How should I honour the Lord with my material things? – Honour the Lord with the first of all your produce (proverbs 3:9)
- Will a christian be disciplined? – Yes, the Lord disciplines him because He loves him (proverbs 3:11-12)
- What should I do if some one asks for help? – If you are really able to help. Help him immediately, don’t ask him to come later (proverbs 3:27-28)
- Should I keep away from immoral things? – Yes, keep your way far from these things (proverbs 5:8)
- Can I give surety for my friends? – No, Please don’t do it (proverbs 6:1-5)
- What should I do If I am lazy? – Then I have to go and learn lessons from an ant (proverbs 6:6-11)
- Does bible teach us to walk in unrighteous way? – No, the way of wisdom is righteousness and justice (proverbs 8:20)
- Should I rebuke a man who keeps mocking at people? – No, don’t advice him because he will start hating you and ultimately will shame you (proverbs 9:7-8)
- Can I give advice/instruction for people who want to follow God with all their heart? – Yes, they will increase in knowledge of God (proverbs 9:9)
These are just few of them. Try reading proverbs yourself and you will be excited to find lots of other practical answers for your daily questions.